Are you struggling with blackheads? Get insights on how to use baking soda for blackheads removal or treatment. You will also learn how to use baking soda together with other natural remedies to get rid of blackheads.
Baking Soda for Blackheads
Many people who suffers from blackheads try different treatments to get rid of them. Some of them ends up being disappointed with the results by failing to see a positive change fast. However, baking soda is found to be one of the most successful treatment for blackheads, pimples and other skin blemishes.
Baking soda is extremely cheap and easy to use. Although it may not be effective as some of the artificial products that are found in the market, but it always give the positive results. It has the following advantages when applied on the affected areas:
- When a mixture of baking soda is mixed with water, it forms a paste that is effective on blackheads removal. It exfoliates the skin to get rid of excessive oil, dead skin cells and dirty that clogs the hair follicles to form blackheads or other forms of acne.
- It has amphoteric properties, this means that it can be used as either an acid or a base. It therefore helps to neutralize the pH of the affected skin. This helps to provide unfavorable condition for the bacteria that causes acne.
- It has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that helps to limit the growth of the bacteria that causes acne as well as reducing the size of the blackheads.
- It also helps to dry the excessive oil when applied on the affected area. Excessive oil leads to development of blackheads and other skin breakouts.
On the other hand, baking soda can cause skin irritation, inflammation, redness and dryness especially if your skin is sensitive. Therefore, you need to be very cautious before using. Consider applying to a small area of your skin to see how it will react before using on the entire area that is affected.
Avoid using baking soda regularly even if you may not notice the negative side effects. It should only be used twice a week for the best results. Regular use may interfere with the normal pH of your skin. This may cause the bacteria to grow rapidly.
There are different methods you can use this natural remedy to get rid of your condition. It can be used as baking soda for blackheads spot treatment, exfoliator, and mask or as a bath soak when different parts of your body is affected. Continue reading to find out how the three methods are applied:
- Baking soda spot treatment for blackheads
When using baking soda as spot treatment for blackheads, you simply mix 4 tablespoon of baking soda with 2 tablespoon of water to make a paste and apply directly on the blackheads. This treatment can also help to treat pimples on chin. Use the procedure below to apply this remedy.
- Wash your hands and the affected areas using antibacterial soap and pat them dry.
- Apply a thin layer of the paste on the affected areas alone.
- Allow the paste to penetrate your skin for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with cool water. Avoid leaving the paste on the affected area for an overnight as it may cause excessive dryness.
- When done, apply oil-free moisturizer in the area that are affected
- Apply this treatment twice a week until you obtain the positive results.
- Using baking soda as an exfoliator for blackheads
You can also make a face scrub using sugar or lemon juice and baking soda for blackheads. This treatment can be used to get rid of blackheads on the nose, cheeks, shoulders, back and other affected areas. Use the procedure below to apply this remedy.
- Mix 2 tablespoon of granulated sugar, 2 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 tablespoon of water.
- Mix the three ingredients thoroughly to make a fine scrub.
- Clean your face and other affected areas and apply the paste using your fingers.
- Massage the affected areas gentle and thoroughly using your fingers,
- When done, rinse the affected areas using warm water
- Use this remedy once a day or after two days until you obtain the positive results.
- Baking soda as a mask for blackheads
Baking soda mask is also effective treatment for blackheads. It is also important on how to prevent blackheads. You simply make the mask by mixing 2 tablespoon of baking soda, 1 tablespoon of water and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Wash the affected areas and pat them dry.
- Apply the mask evenly over the blackheads, it may sting slightly especially if your skin is sensitive.
- Leave the mask over the affected parts for 15 minutes before rinsing off using warm water.
- When done, apply an oil-free moisturizer
- Repeat this treatment once daily until you get rid of blackheads.
- Baking soda bath soak for blackheads
Baking soda for blackheads can also be applied inform of a soak. This method works best especially when the different parts of your body are affected. Baking soda is mixed with bathing water as described in the procedure below:
- Mix half cup of baking soda in warm bath water.
- Pour the water into the tub and soak yourself for at least 20 minutes
- When done, rinse your body with cool clean water
- Repeat this treatment twice or thrice a week to obtain the best results.
How to Get Rid Of Blackheads with Baking Soda and Lemon
Blackhead breakout occurs when excessive oil, dead skin cell, dirty and other impurities plugs into the hair follicles or skin pores. Some treatments may be ineffective on how to get rid of this skin condition. Luckily, there are various home remedy treatments that can be employed to remove and prevent blackheads.
Both baking soda and lemon juice are kitchen ingredients that has various properties that treat different skin conditions including the blackheads. Baking soda contains fine and hard particles that makes it a potential natural exfoliator. It therefore activates shedding of the dead skin cells, dirty and excessive oil that plugs into the skin pores.
Both baking soda and lemon juice are slightly acidic. The acidic properties of this two ingredients helps in fighting the various micro-organisms that causes skin problems. Lemon helps in disinfecting the skin as well as drying off excessive oil. It also contain vitamin C that is very important for skin. Mixture of this two ingredients penetrates the skin to clear the clogged pores.
You may be wondering how to get rid of blackheads with baking soda and lemon juice. It is very simple to use baking soda for blackheads. You only requires 2 tablespoon of baking soda and 1 table spoon of fresh lemon juice. You may increase the ratio depending with the area of the skin affected. There are two methods you can use to apply this treatment as follows:
- Baking soda and lemon juice scrub
A scrub made from this two ingredients penetrates the skin to clear the clogged hair follicles. To make this remedy more effective, mix 2 tablespoon of baking soda, 2 tablespoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Wash your face and other affected areas and apply the scrub evenly.
Massage the skin gently using your fingers. Leave the scrub on the skin for 15 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water. Repeat this treatment 3-4 times a week until you get rid of blackheads.
- Baking soda and lemon juice mask
It is also effective to remove blackheads with baking soda and lemon juice mask. This treatment work best for oil skin. It penetrates the skin to clear materials that accumulates in the pores as well as drying off the oil.
Baking Soda and Honey for Blackheads
A mixture of baking soda and honey is also an effective blackheads remover. Honey has antiseptic properties and can be used as natural antibiotic and moisturizer for your skin. When applied on the affected skin, it hydrates and tighten the skin pores to give your skin a good complexion.
On the other hand, baking soda penetrates the skin to exfoliate dead skin cells, dirty and excessive oil. It therefore opens the clogged pores. When making baking soda and honey blackhead remover, you can add some salt to make the paste stronger. Here is the procedure:
- Mix 1 tablespoon of baking soda for blackheads, 2 tablespoon of honey and 2 tablespoon of salt. Stir well to make a fine paste.
- Apply on the affected areas, use your fingers to massage the paste over the blackheads in a circular motion.
- Allow it to sit on the area for 10 minutes before rinsing it off using warm water.
- Repeat the procedure for at least 3 times a week or more depending with severity of your condition until the blackheads are gone.
Baking Soda Blackhead Removal Mask
As you read earlier, baking soda is an effective solution for blackhead removal. It helps in fighting the infections that causes blackheads and loosens the skin to make them come out easily. It contains mild antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that is good for your pores. It absorbs oil and prevents the pores from clogging.
It is easy to make baking soda blackhead removal mask. You simply mix it with some water to make a paste and applied over the affected areas. However, you can also mix it with other ingredients to make more effective mask.
Some of the ingredients it can be mixed with includes lemons juice, orange juice, honey, hydrogen peroxide, tea tree oil or milk. The procedure below explains how to make baking soda for blackheads mask using water:
- Mix equal amount of baking soda and lukewarm water and stir well to make a paste. The amount of paste required is determined by the area of the affected part.
- Before applying the mixture, wash your hands thoroughly using antibacterial soap and running water. Use a clean towel to dry them off.
- Use warm water to wash your face or other areas that are affected. This helps to make the pores open to allow the paste penetrate the affected skin.
- Using your fingers, apply the paste to the affected area. Massage the paste into the skin in a circular motion.
- Allow the mask to sit on your face for 10 minutes until you feel like it has dried.
- Use cool water to rinse the mask off. Pat the area dry and apply a moisturizer.
However, there are some precautions you have to take before using baking soda mask for your skin. For instance, you are not supposed to use this ingredient when you have injuries on the skin. You should also be careful when applying around the eye.
Baking Soda and Toothpaste for Blackheads
Blackheads occurs when the hair follicles become blocked as a result of various things such as dirty, excessive oil, makeup, dead skin cell and dust among other causes. However, there are various natural products that you can use to open the clogged pores. Tooth paste and baking soda is among the potential remedies that you can use to get rid of blackheads.
It is quite easy to make baking soda toothpaste blackheads removal mask. You simply requires a good quality toothpaste and baking soda. Mix equal amount of the two remedies and apply on the affected areas. Using your fingers, massage the paste into the skin in a circular motion.
Allow the mixture of baking soda for blackheads and toothpaste to sit on the affected areas for an overnight. Rinse it off with warm water in the following morning. Repeat this procedure until your skin becomes flawless.
Baking Soda for Black Heads Reviews
Am writing this review baking on my own experience, may face is quite oily. I could develop blackheads especially on my nose. I used various products but they only gave me a temporal solution to my problem. After using some of the products, my condition improved for some time and come back again when I stopped the treatment.
My problem reoccurred until I found the idea of using baking soda on Pinterest. After using this ingredient, may face is now flawless. It dried the excessive oil that clogged my hair follicles as well as removing the blackheads. I found it quite easy to use.
You simply mix it with some water and apply on the affected area. You can also mix with other ingredients found in your kitchen to make an effective paste. Since I personally have gotten the positive results, am sure you too can get rid of your blackheads using baking soda.
- Baking soda for blackheads:
- Can you use baking soda to remove blackheads?
- Home remedies for blackheads:
- Baking soda face mask:
- How to get rid of pimples with baking soda: />
- Top 10 natural remedies to remove blackheads:
- Home remedy review – lemon baking soda mask: