You have been asking yourself so many questions about that vaginal bump you have. Pimples, blisters, sores, lumps and bumps that form around or inside the vagina in most cases cause a lot of worries. Some ladies may conclude pimple on vagina are result from STD infection or cancer at the beginning stages. This should not be the thing, because there are other causes that may not be that harmful to your private part.
Bumps on vagina can be several or one, small or bigger in size, painful or without pain. Some of them may appear to be more of vaginal sores than pimples.
- 1 Pimple on Vagina Causes
- 2 Vaginal pimple due to ingrown hair
- 3 Bump on Vagina
- 4 Pimple on Vagina STD
- 5 How to Get Rid of Pimple on Vagina
- 6 Pimple on Vagina Pictures
Pimple on Vagina Causes
There are numerous things that cause lumps to form on your vagina some of which are harmless and others can result to much complications that require emergency attention. Some of the main reasons why you may end up having a pimple on your private part are as follows;
Vaginal pimple due to ingrown hair
If you frequently shave your pubic hair or wax it, you may develop an ingrown hair which appear like a pimple close to your vagina vulva. An ingrown pimple occur when after shaving, you may leave a sharp hair end which curl itself back into the skin hair follicle forming a pimple. This cannot be much of a problem to your private part and it also affect men too.
These are sac – like lumps that are filled with fluid, air and some dead skin. They may be caused by clogging of glands, ducts or trauma.
There are several types of vaginal cysts. This include Mullerian cyst, Gartner’s duct, Bartholin’s gland cysts and inclusion cysts.
Symptoms of vaginal cysts
When these cysts are not infected, they painless, pebble like and move when touched with fingers, they look like pimple but they are under the skin. When infected, they swell up, become tender and filled with white grayish pus, which has a bad smell when discharged,
Vaginal cysts do not require any treatment, though a biopsy is very important to ascertain that it is not cancerous.
If the cysts are infected, you can use antibiotics that you acquire over the counter.
For large cysts you can be drained its fluids by a gynecologist.
Try sits bath for painful cysts- whereby you sit in the bath tab filled with warm water for some time.
- An abscess on the vagina
When Bartholin’s glands on either side of your vagina opening block or get infected, you are infected with STDs and other bacteria, you can have a vaginal abscess that appear like a pimple.
- Genital area acne or pimple
Just like other areas on your body that has oil glands and hair follicle you can have a pimple or acne on your private area. The common pimples that affect your private area include whiteheads, blackheads, pustules, papules, nodules and cysts.
Vagina pimple treatment
Treating vaginal pimples may require topical creams, lotions, serums, oral medications or injections which are only recommended after the cause of the bumps have been found.
Visit a gynecologist to ascertain which type of treatment you may require according to the infection at hand.
Vaginal bumps due to STDs [STIs]
Bumps and pimples may also be caused by sexually transmitted infections which are associated with other symptoms. The following are some of the STIs that are commonly known raise bumps or blisters like sores around or in the vagina;
- Genital herpes –it is a common cause of sores accompanied bumps around the vagina. This herpes simplex virus -2 affect both men and women. It is seen with signs of pain, burns and itchiness within ten days after infection. Then follows appearance of small red bumps or tiny white blisters, which may appear some days later. Later, ulcers also appear with rupture of the pimples oozing or bleeding of the blisters and then scabs when the scars start healing.
- Genital warts – HPV – this are cauliflower like small fleshy growths, bumps or skin changes that upper on or around the genital or anal area caused by the human papillomavirus[HPV]. Though sometimes they are painless on vagina, they can cause pain discomfort and itching.
- Syphilis [primary stage] – after 21 days from the exposure to syphilis virus, one might develop syphilitic sores at the point of bacterium contact. These sores appear in the mouth, lips, vagina, anus, rectum, penis, and other places depending where the bacteria entered the body.
- Chancroid – it can cause open sores on penis, rectum and vulva especially around the opening of the vagina. They may produce pus with a lot of pain and cause lymph nodes to swell as well.
- Molluscum contagiosum
This is a virus that cause skin infection resulting to growth or lesions on the body including vagina. Pimples formed by this virus can last for 6 to 12 months or even more.
These are harmless small, painless and soft skin growths common in armpits, neck, eyelids and can sometimes appear on the vaginal vulva.
Female genital eczema
It can affect the female genital areas and it is normally associated with red itchy rash and bumps on the vaginal vulva. Eczema on genital are caused by sweat, tight cloths, skin friction and some soaps and perfumes.
It is rear but can also cause a pimple to appear in your private part it usually grow slowly and mostly affects older women.
It looks like a small red bump or white-headed pimple around hair follicles at the beginning. If they are not attended to in time, can spread and become crusty sores that do not respond to medication.
Some people may develop allergic reaction to toiletry products, soaps and even perfumes causing them to develop bumps on their vaginal lips.
How to treat pimple on vagina
- For ingrown pimple, if it does not heal on its own, go for removal and treatment especially with topical anti-biotic.
- For large cysts you have to visit a gynecologist to drain off the fluids.
- Warm compresses may help to relieve abscess and at any point do not prick or try to drain them.
- Most of these bumps may just heal on their own but if the infection is persistent the gynecologist should be the first option you take for help.
Bump on Vagina
Bumps on vagina sometimes can become so irritative and most people do not like them. For this reason, people end up not taking any treatment. The skin ailment may be caused by sexually transmitted infections. For women the symptoms may appear around vagina with abnormal vaginal discharge in company of itchiness and pain that occur in private parts.
How to notice pimple on vagina
These bumps are usually small, reddish flesh colored which are either soft or hard to touch. Some of them can be a symptom to an impeding infection. If they are caused by STIs they spread on the vaginal lips. Types of vaginal bumps can include:
- A vaginal cyst which appear under the skin in a sac – like bumps that are filled with air, fluids and hard substances that appear like dead skin cells. There are several types of vaginal cysts which are as follows;
Inclusion cysts- which are small and located in the lower back of the vagina walls and are a resulted by injury to vagina walls.
Bartholin’s cysts – are filled with fluid and usually appear on both sides of the vagina lips.
Gartner’s duct cysts – appear on both sides of vaginal walls after gartner’s duct accumulates fluid after giving birth.
- Pimple on vagina is painless and under skin
- When touched they fill like pimples.
- They do not change in size.
- To some people they cause pain when having sex.
In most cases vaginal cysts may heal on their own although you can do routine checks to observe the changes. If the cyst is painful you can use warm bath relieve pain and they do not disappear visit a gynecologist for surgery.
- Another pimple on vagina can be an Angiomas. These are clusters of blood vessels which have overgrown and they are caused by endothelial cells which have multiplied.
- There is no bleeding of the bumps
- The bumps rarely change in the size
- The bumps usually appear to be red, blue, purple or even black.
Angiomas just like cysts they are harmless and treatment may not be necessary. When you want to remove them for cosmetic purposes, a laser treatment, therapy and eletrosurgery can help. Though it is good to involve the doctor for the best treatment.
- Pimple on the vagina can also be caused by genital herpes which is a sexually transmitted infection. It is caused by a virus called herpes simplex virus – 2
- The bumps are small, clear or straw colored on the vagina, cervix, buttocks and thighs.
- The skin in the region may feel itchy or burning before the formation of the bumps.
- Increased vagina discharge, fever, sore lymph nodes, muscle ache associated with pain during urination.
Genital herpes does not have treatment as well but the symptoms can be managed. Visit your doctor who may describe the best antiviral drugs for you which can reduce pain and speed up the healing process. Also a warm bath can help to relieve pain when there is tingly burning with itchiness.
- A pimple on vagina can also be caused by genital warts which are caused by a human papilloma virus and are growths on the skin or a smooth lining of the vagina.
- The bumps are reddish in color and can be flat to the skin sometimes or raised.
- The bumps may resemble cauliflowers in appearance.
- The bumps form in and around vagina, lips, mouth or throat.
- There is increased vaginal discharge, bleeding after intercourse and vaginal itching.
Treatment should be done by a gynecologist as he/she can the best person to prescribe proper medication. Warts as well can also be removed through surgery and always observe the proceeding of the bumps to be sure that treatment is responding.
- There is also another viral infection called molluscum contagiosum. Though it is common in children it is also considered as a STI when it involves genitals in the adult people.
- The vagina pimple is round, raised and turgid, usually 2 to 5 mm in size.
- The pimple appear in different colors ranging from pink, red or white.
- The bumps form on genitals, inner thighs, butts and sometimes on legs.
- They can stay for about 6 to 12 months and disappear without causing scarring.
- The bumps can be red, sore and swollen on vagian lip.
- The tip of the pimple on vagina has small dot.
Warts do not need treatment since they can disappear on their own after 6 to 12 months, visiting a doctor should also be on your priority. Topical creams applications can also help to relieve the effect and laser therapy also can help.
- Bumps on your private place can also be caused by chancroid [haemophilus ducreyi bacteria]. This is a sexually transmitted infection or skin contact with an infected fluid.
- Appearance of red bumps in unequal sizes on labia, thighs or between the labia and anus.
- Painful and burning sensation during urination or lips rubbing to each other after ulcers develop on the bumps.
- Swelling lymph nodes and swollen groin.
This pimple[s] is treated with antibiotics. For swollen lymph nodes draining is required with a needle or surgical operation on them.
- Though rare, cancer can cause pimple on vagina. These are very risky when they are not treated in time and they can cause death.
- The pimple can be asymmetrical and elevated.
- The outline of the pimple is not same in size.
- The bump can increase in size and change its appearance.
The common treatment that is incurred on cancer pimple on vagina is by surgical operations. This is the most preferred way of removing the cancerous tissue, skin cancer is normally treated by radiation and chemotherapy. This whole process only need the doctor and hospital with the required machines.
Pimple on Vagina STD
When you notice a vaginal bump the first thing that may come in your mind is an STD for a good number of women. This is not the case for all pimple on vagina since not all women are sexually active hence they get this kind of bumps.
- Infected hair follicle,
- Infected oil glands,
- Ingrown hair,
- Aggravated pores due to shaving,
- Friction on skin with cloth,
- Allergy that result from soaps, perfumes, lotions
- Response on medications.
When the pimple on vagina is not normal.
STDs can cause abnormal bumps, sores, or lesions in or around your private part. These bumps caused by STDs can be itchy and painful sometimes but others are not. You can know that a bump is caused by sexual transmitted diseases when it forms on your genital area few days after sexual intercourse. It si very important to go for screening to be sure that what you suffer from is STIs related vaginal pimple.
Sexually transmitted diseases that cause pimple on vagina.
- Human papillomavirus [HPV] is a virus that cause genital herpes which forms bumps on the vagina. This disease does not cause outbreak when in it is initially contracted and can lie dormant for years before an outbreak is formed. It is seen with small bumps, called genital warts on the vagina and groin area which are painless, reddish, and small and grow in clusters.
- Another STI that is associated with pimple on vagina is molluscum contagiosum. It is also associated red small bumps which may be painless. The bumps may form and sores that are filled with fluids that oozes before they heal.
You should get tested first to be sure of the infection that cause those vaginal bumps. If you are sexually active, you should get tested regularly to clear the risk of unseen infection. It is important to see a doctor for the best advice and prescriptions.
How to Get Rid of Pimple on Vagina
Bumps that appear on women’s private part can be so painful, itching, burning, irritating and more so, very mean on sexual happiness for those women who are active. These bumps are divided into those that do not cause much problem and require less worry and those that may cause bigger problems and therefore require agent attention.
Treatment of pimple on vagina
- For ingrown pimple treatment is not required and it heals on its own without treatment. When worse it can be removed and treated with topical creams.
- For vaginal cysts biopsy might help certain that they are not cancerous. Also antibiotics can help and when they are big draining may be done.
- Use of warm bath where by you sit in the bath tab with warm water for some time to relieve pain and itching.
- Surgical operations can be done to large pimple on vagina to remove it if it is stubborn.
Natural remedies for vaginal pimples.
- Keep the vaginal area as clean as possible
This is the first home remedy that apply to any kind of infection at all times. Keeping the area clean. Keep the area clean and dry since bacteria thrive in moist and dirty environment.
- Use only medicated anti-bacterial soaps and wash creams to clean the area that is infected. Perfume and harsh soaps may spoil the pH- balance of the vagina leading to more bacterial infection.
- Use of recommended oil for treating vaginal pimples that have antiseptic property. Those used for treating of burns and wounds can be the best for your private part.
- Apply tea tree oil on the area that is infected on the vaginal skin. This oil has essential properties of antibacterial and antifungal which makes it excellent cure for acne of all type. Take the tea tree oil and mix with a little olive oil and then apply it over the pimple on vagina using a cotton wool.
- Apply warm compress to avoid scratching the vaginal pimple. The pimples can be itchy, painful and burning, and warm compress relieve all this feeling. Take warm water on a trough with a clean towel. Dip the towel in the warm water and gently press it on the bumps for a few times. Before leaving it to dry.
- Sprinkle cornstarch powder on your vagina before wearing your pant. The powder is good in absorbing the moisture from sweat and discharge keeping the area dry and clean hence making it hard for the bacteria to thrive.
- Wash the vagina using apple cider vinegar solution at least twice a day. Take two cups of the solution and mix with clean water. Prepare a bath solution and use it to wash the vaginal area. Make sure you dry off the area afterwards.
- Keep the vaginal pimples as dry as possible in order to cure them fast. By using Indian lilac on the vagina pimple keep it dry. It has antibacterial properties which can propel the healing process to occur faster.
- Wear only cotton under cloths to avoid the spread of the infection, and also cause less discomfort as cotton is a natural fabric.
- Avoid using disposable razors, wax, tweezers or any depilatory creams on the vagina to remove pubic hair as this will aggravate the problem of vaginal pimples. When the pimples are fully gone you can use the right ways to remove the pubic hair to keep the area clean.
Pimple on Vagina Pictures
Pimple on vagina can be so disappointing to women especially if you have never experienced it before. It can cause much discomfort through pain, itch and even scarring. Here are some of the photos and pictures that will help you figure out the infection you are affected or heard from. The pictures range from all kind of causes and infections that result to a pimple on vagina.
- Vaginal bumps:
- New health advisor: />
- Vaginal bumps and vaginal pimples:
- 10 natural cures for vaginal pimples: />
- How to get rid of bumps on the vaginal area from shaving: